Intense Pulse Light / Light Heat Energy Therapy
Using pulsed light and heat energy, LHE therapy is a type of acne treatment that targets pustular acne and shrinks your sebaceous glands, thereby decreasing the oil production that can contribute to acne.
FDA has approved a system of LHE for mild-to-moderate acne using a pulsed red / green light. As part of the overall Acne Clearance Treatment, results are generally seen within three to four weeks.
Factors Affecting Acne
- Hormonal fluctuations: In females, acne may worsen 2-7 days before periods, during pregnancy or when starting or stopping birth control pills
- Genetics: The tendency to develop acne can be inherited
- Stress: Severe or prolonged emotional tension may worsen acne
- Friction caused by leaning on or rubbing the skin as well as hard scrubbing of the skin
- Pressure from backpacks or tight collars
- Environmental irritants such as pollution and high humidity
- Heavy and greasy makeup
- Squeezing or picking at blemishes
- Certain drugs including androgens, lithium and barbiturates
Leav a comments