The Raindrop Technique is a method of using Vita Flex, reflexology, massage techniques, etc., and essential oils applied on various locations of the body to bring it structural and electrical alignment. It is designed to bring balance to the body with its relaxing and mild application. It will help align the energy centers of the body and release them if blocked, without using hard pressure or trying to force the body to change, which should never be done.
The Raindrop Technique copied here was used specifically to help people whose muscles were pulling their vertebrae out of alignment, or who had scoliosis. But Raindrop Tehcnique can be used for any kind of issue where a whole body application feels appropriate. Over the years, people doing the Raindrop Technique for each other have discovered that once you get some practice and become more sensitive to people, you’ll probably be moved to use oils uniquely for each person. This is fine. We’ve seen Dr. Young change how he applies the oils many times. The key is to learn the basics first. Become relaxed and confident. Then feel free to respond to whoever is getting the benefit of your healing hands, and apply the oils as you are moved to do so.
Raindrop technique is a powerful technique using essential oils that was developed by D. Gary Young in the 1980s. It combines several holistic modalities to bring balance and alignment to the body in a non-invasive manner. It also stimulates all the body systems on a physical and emotionally level.
This technique involves applying therapeutic grade essential oils to the spine, neck and feet. The session lasts about an hour however the benefits may last up to a week or more.
Gary found that combining several holistic techniques, described below, created a synergistic effect for the body. The three modalities that combine to form Raindrop Technique are:
• Aromatherapy – Raindrop technique uses seven single essential oils, two blends and one essential oil massage blend during the session. It is congruent with the French application of aromatherapy where essential oils are applied NEAT (undiluted) to the body.
• Vita Flex Technique – Vita Flex was brought to the US in the 1920s by Stanley Burroughs. It is an ancient Tibetan healing methodology meaning “vitality through the reflexes”. Its theory is based on the fact that slight pressure applied to the body creates an electric charge that is therapeutic to the body. This is known as piezoelectric.
How does Raindrop get its Name?
Essential oils are actually dropped from about 6 inches above your spine, simulating rain drops! It feels like a rain drop gently striking your spine, and it is very relaxing and comforting.
It is thought that the oils interact with a person’s electric field before even penetrating the skin of the back. Thereby, enhancing the electromagnetic properties of the oils as well. Amazing!
The benefit are countless…
• Balance and Re-align the Energy Centers of the Body – The combination of techniques brings electrical and structural alignment to the body. The essential oil blend of Valor helps the body align and is often referred to as “chiropractor in the bottle”.
• Re-aligns the Spine in a Non-manipulative Manner – Microbes along the spine contribute to deformities and can be the cause of spinal diseases such as scoliosis. The oils of oregano, marjoram, thyme and basil have anti-viral and/or anti-bacterial properties.
• Reduce Stress and Anxiety – Not only can the oils enhance positive emotions such as joy and happiness, but they can also help us release negative emotions that are subconsciously stored on a cellular level. See the section on anxiety for more information!
• Reduces Inflammation in the Body – Three known, natural anti-inflammatory oils, wintergreen, thyme and peppermint, are used in this technique. See the section on oils for inflammation.
• Relax Muscles – Muscles that are sore, spastic or stressed will also benefit. Basil, wintergreen, marjoram, cypress and peppermint essential oils help with all the common muscle conditions. See the section on oils for muscles for more information!
• Relieve Pain – A study in 2001 confirmed that the existence of infectious microorganisms near the spine causes pain and inflammation. See the section oils for pain for more information!
• Create a Hostile Environment for Viruses and Bacteria along the Spine – It is a known fact that microbes actually stay dormant and hibernate along the spinal column until our immune system weakens and they are activated.
• Improve Circulation – The essential oils of cypress, marjoram and peppermint all have properties that increase circulation and/or act as a circulatory stimulant.
• Improve Immune System Functions – Thyme and oregano essential oils are known to support the immune system. Also the body will be releasing toxins and eliminating viruses and bacteria which ultimately strengthen the immune system and your overall health.
• Emotional Well Being and Release – Essential oils cross the blood-brain barrier and effect the limbic system where emotions are stored and controlled.
• Help Detox the Body Systems – The oils being high in phenols cleanse cellular receptor sites and enhance the lymphatic system detox of the body.
• Increase in Height – Yes, most people experience a slight increase in their height! I have seen changes from ½ to 1 inch! This is due to the realignment of the spine and detoxification along the
These are the oils that are used in Raindrop Technique! Click on each oil to learn more about the oil and find out the other benefits of using these fantastic oils.
• Valor Essential Oil Blend
• Thyme Essential Oil
• Basil Essential Oil
• Wintergreen Essential Oil
• Marjoram Essential Oil
• Cypress Essential Oil
• Peppermint Essential Oil
• AromaSiez Essential Oil Blend
• Oregano Essential Oil
• Ortho Ease Essential Oil Massage Blend